Tuesday 15 May 2012

Setting Up Twitter



After been advised for a few weeks now, I finally gave in and got Twitter, My previous thoughts was that I didn't want to sign up as been on Facebook It can get tedious the amount of rubbish post and can get you in trouble for voicing your opinion by very petty people who need to get a life. But with the fact social networking has increased and is ever more important in the gaming industry I felt like I had no option as I have to promote myself by as many ways as possible, and theres a lot of people you can follow with valued information. Ifraz gave me a list of potential people to follow and by going to conventions and stuff I can gain a bigger list. It appears to me more of the creative industry tends to be on Twitter rather that Facebook. Of cause I want to separate my social life with my working life, so I am thinking of setting up 2 profiles both on Twitter and Facebook. When I have branded myself as I am going to be designing logos and what not I plan on including them on both Facebook and Twitter to promote myself, but yeh even though its not something I really wanted to do I can defiantly see the potential benefits. I think a youtube page may also be very beneficial for stuff like showreels and what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment