Tuesday 15 May 2012

Level Designer Portfolio

I though it would be interesting to look at some portfolio work at people in the industry who do something similar to what I am aiming towards, It gives me an idea of ways to put a appropriate portfolio of work together and look at the standard of potential work to get into the industry.

Heres a good portfolio by Gabriel Sheets as it demonstrates both his 2D initial Sketches and then shows the levels in the final development and is something I could achieve, as I have both the 2D designs for both the elemental game and food landmarks which I could represent in a similar layout on a website, theres some really nice work and from the look I defiantly could do with touching up some of my drawing skills, not to the point of a concept artist cause that is not something I wanna do, but design layouts and potential collision points on the level, and coming up with ideas so theres a something i could improve on compared to his drawings.



Just a general layout of his website, which is something similar I look into when it comes to categorising my work. I like the overall look of the website and the centre image is eye-catching and makes you want to carry on in the site looking into is other examples of work.



Above is an example of one of his rough game layouts, This is something I don't have which is similar to this so maybe I should look into coming up with similar examples for my portfolio.











 

I also really liked how he kept a certain area of his portfolio to some of the separate models he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment