Tuesday 15 May 2012

Get In To gaming



One event I was recommended to help me out with me as an individual looking towards a future in the gaming industry is the convention Get Into Gaming Event. This is event is more aimed towards social gathering of a range of people who share similar interests and passions and potentially are in a similar position as yourself. The events just consist really of talking about games and even playing, but on the bigger picture it potentially opens allot of doors as you grow your range of contacts and also is a chance to get your name out there, and who knows who you could potentially get talking to, someone who offers you a job. Unfortunatly I couldn't make this event as It is defiantly something I would look into the future as it offers valuable information talking to people who have been there and done it, and gaining valuable inside knowledge about the industry. This event seems more sociable than anything which appeals to me greatly as theres potentially more time to just chat instead of some of the conventions I have been to. With this event taking place in Leeds by the time I graduate I will be moving back To Derby, depending on what happens obviously so it is a distance to travel. However I should look into if there is any similar events taking place nearer home. If not I could make a day trip up and potentially meet up with my past colleagues for a chat about how things are going for them.

http://getintogaming.co.uk/




No comments:

Post a Comment