Wednesday 30 May 2012

Life Of A Design Monkey

Here is a great article in where someone in the games industry takes a look at all the mechanical pieces which are put into designing a game and making it both fun to play and unique. And he talks about level designers and how they are undervalued by games companies in favor of someone who designs the mechanics of the game. It was a really great read and something that can benefit me as someone who has a huge interest in designing game levels. It goes through the procedure of coming up with designs from the early research to the final assets. Its something I can take huge influence when I start designing a new project / level and follow these steps which can help me in my career in the industry.

http://lifeofadesignmonkey.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/how-to-create-design-portfolio-part-ii.html

No comments:

Post a Comment