Tuesday 18 October 2011

Game Mazes

I was really for the idea of including a maze within my level, and after a discussion with the tutor he told me to look into a different variety of mazes, my idea of a maze is getting from point A to point B, getting through obstacles, and a route which can lead in a different variety of ways to reach your goal. But the further you look into it allot of games are mazes, Games for example Fable and Skyrim, you start of at point A but how you get to Point B is your own path, with plenty of twists and turns. On the other hand Pacman, that's based in a maze however you cant escape, but theres a challenge and a mission, so is completing that is the eqivillent of escaping the maze. Anyway I don't want to get too much into this but its defiantly an interesting subject which could be explored into deeper meaning.

Heres, a quick sketch I did of a Maze, To behonest thinking about it has put me off including a maze, however I quite like the design, especially the idea of a turntable which connects paths, also I have to think about the camera angle for the maze like do you go for over the top view similar to the marble game I uploaded a picture of or side, do you go for side view and so on.



No comments:

Post a Comment