Wednesday 28 September 2011

Pee Man - The Game

Was searching on the web, and came across this interesting game called Pee Man, The game is developed by a Flash based company named Newsground, The game can be played from the link I am posting below. Here is a few screenshot's aswell.






Reasons why this game greatly appealed to me is on an aesthetic point of view. I think the game looks stunning displaying beautiful tones of color, what really grabbed me was the night sky, especially the background which really stands out and the way the moon is lit strikes me as stunning. I also really like the character designs and the way, especially the character you play is outlined with a white shade really is effective upon the dark background. I also like the way the game doesn't focus on too many colors, which really works for this game. It has a few different shades for example the green on the monster, but for the genre of game it really works well, as it comes across as a casual game with a toilet humor aproach and that cartoon approach really works well. A few other things worth mentioning are the pace of the game is really fluent and smooth, and is an easy game to play with very few controls, which is 2 things I want for my game especially if i'm aiming my game towards the family audience, as players who may not be gamer's and used to the controllers, I want it to be easy for them to play, but that more comes with the character design of the process, but its worth thinking about at this stage.

I then went onto the website, which is really interesting as it allows you to upload artwork which could be a good idea once i have completed art for my gaming as its a chance to start networking potentially and getting your work maybe noticed. I just Had a look at a few examples of concept art the artist who calls himself Pyschogoldfish has created and it follows the same kind of style, very illustrator aproach which I really like, its defiantly an approach to experiment and it would potentially fill my criteria.






No comments:

Post a Comment