Wednesday 28 September 2011

Introduction

For my new project, I have decided to create a 2D environment for a side scrolling game level, reasons why I have chose to do this project is that firstly it links well to my dissertation proposal which is about photorealism in games / are games getting too advanced. This project gives me chance to explore different styles of media and compare and contrast as im planning to on designing a cartoonist look towards the game as i'm designing it for the casual game market, focusing on families. My idea for the game is to focus it on the mayan period as its a topic which interests me, im going for a indianna jones adventure appeal and have thought about game props for the game such as boulders, spikes and skulls, which could be animated to provide a challenge for the game. This project is also been used to improve my skills on software such as Maya and Unity, and also improve my drawing skills from a range of concept art. For my final project I plan on just having the game environment modeled and placed on Unity, I am planning on designing Characters for a later project.

No comments:

Post a Comment